Tips to Keep Yourself Sane During WFH
Due to a situation of uncertainty and continuous deliberation as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, often the times we wonder and think to ourselves when we will be able to return to normal life activities. This even includes, returning to work.
For some, working from home is not seen as the most ideal environment to work in. It can be difficult for someone to keep themselves sane during these ambiguous times and in order to obtain the greatest productivity here are a 5 tips to keep yourself well-balanced and productive.
5 Tips to Keep Yourself Sane During WFH
- Keep your desk and general work area tidy: A tidy desk and work area helps to keep your mind clear and your thought process in line with your daily tasks.
- Get out of your pyjamas: Yes, it is easy to fall into the trap of staying in your comfortable pyjamas, whilst working from home, but instead, have a shower, get dressed for the day and avoid that lazy feeling of being in your pyjamas all day.
- Have a comfortable chair: Support for your back is essential whilst sitting at your desk many hours a day working away. Get yourself a comfy chair!
- Give yourself breaks: Don’t be locked in the room all day. Give yourself at least 2-3 breaks a day. Go to your balcony for some fresh air, time to time. This will give you the opportunity take in the information or work you produced. Then get back to it with fresher and innovative ideas.
- Play appropriate music: Be mindful of the music you are playing during the workday. Ensure it is a type of music that will give you the best frame of mind for whatever you’re about to do.
Ultimately, anyone is capable of getting work done however, it is fundamental to work in an environment which is suitable to each person. Thus, having the right set up and positive attitude/approach is crucial to deliver quality results no matter where you are working from. So, if you are one of those people who are working from home and are not coping, follow these 5 tips to keep yourself well-balanced and productive.