Yard Hand Driver - Permanent full-time
Lift and Shift Silverwater
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Ongoing training & development
- Profit Share | Access to EAP | Discounts on insurance, eye care, travel + more
- Uniforms & PPE provided | Annual Awards Program | Current Drivers Licence a must
- No experience required - Full training provided | Street parking available
- $72,000 salary package + Super + a $1,000 sign on bonus (details in advert)
- No weekend work Monday to Friday
About the role
As the Kennards Hire representative to our customers, we support you with the training and development you need to be successful in your role. The Yard Hand Driver is the critical link between a Kennards Hire branch, our customers and their projects, big or small. You'll be in charge of everything that makes our customers' job easy; expert advice, pickups, deliveries and making sure our equipment is ready for hire.
This role requires you to;
- Instruct and demonstrate to customers on how to safely use our equipment.
- As the Driver, perform pickup and delivery of equipment from customer sites, which includes safely loading and unloading of equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service in all customer interactions
- Maintain the high standard and quality of equipment through regular servicing and minor repairs.
- Perform cleaning of branch facilities and maintenance of equipment as required
- Perform equipment 'check in' and 'check out' inspections
- Successful applicants have come from various backgrounds such as; Customer service, building & construction, hospitality, retail, driver, landscaping, trade & maintenance.
- A current driver's licence (LR/MR/HR preferred however not essential)
- This role requires some physical components including lifting and standing on your feet for long periods. A level of physical fitness is required and the ability to pass a drug test
- Strong communication skills
- Be proactive and keen to learn new skills
- An interest in machinery and equipment, although training will be provided
- A positive attitude and team player
- A COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for this role as Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in NSW and our customer sites may require this.
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
- $1,000 sign on bonus is paid after 90 days
- Base salary of $65, 000, *Profit Share average $4,000, *Weekend Allowance $3,510 + 10% Superannuation
- *Profit share bonus is variable and is paid twice a year. The average annual payment is $4,000. The actual amount paid depends on the financial performance of the branch and company as well as branch quality standards achieved.
- *The weekend allowance paid is dependent on the number of weekend days worked in the year and if the branch is in operation on the weekends. It is a $135 per day for each day worked on a weekend. $3,510 per year would be paid for working one weekend day a fortnight, and $7,020 for working two weekend days a fortnight
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process
Simply hit the Apply Now button below and we look forward to talking with you!