Your new company
Be part of a Government organisation that is the critical link between the Victorian Community and the State's Emergency Services, providing quality customer service to all Victorian's assisting them through difficult situations. Be part of an organisation that is committed to serving the community and are among the most dedicated and highly skilled in their field. With multiple sites across Victoria you will be expanding your network and capability in this area.
Your new role
As the Workplace Relations Advisor is a key and active participant of the People & Capability team. You would be responsible for the provision of high-quality industrial and employee relations advice and support to key stakeholders to positively influence people management capability and practices. Working within a centralised model this role delivers a service to all sites.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant ER/IR advisory work experience in a unionised environment and working knowledge of relevant legislation and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy at courts/tribunals, including the Fair Work Commission
- Ability to perform with competing deadlines, respond quickly to urgent/important requests and achieve effective results within given and at times tight time frames. Strong and structured approached to case management, tracking and reporting
- Experience leading complex investigations, disciplinary issues, grievances and fitness-for-work processes
- A high level of oral/written communication skills and attention to detail
- An ability to research, analyse and recommend appropriate responses to employment matters
- Experience resolving employee/employer/union related disputes
- Involvement in enterprise agreement negotiations
- Working knowledge of industrial law, state and federal employment legislation, workplace policies and experience in the interpretation and application of these
What you'll get in return
- Permanent PT position in Ballarat
- Attractive salary package
- Working from home flexibility
- Join an organisation that will expand your networking capabilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Lucy Brennan on [email protected] for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2534012