G8 Education is a leading provider of quality early education and care services in Australia and is an ASX200 listed organisation. Owning over 460 Centres across Australia and with over 9,500 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network. G8 Education is committed to delivering employee incentives and professional development programs to achieve a rewarding culture that will ensure an engaged and driven workforce.
About the Role
Support the Workforce Optimisation Manager to manage and analyse workforce data to generate meaningful business insights whilst playing an important role in analysing and providing data for strategic workforce planning and talent analytics.
You will play a critical role in liasing with business units at all levels of the organisation to understand recruitment requirements, overlay budget performance, and make recommendations on approval of centre based roles
You will use your advanced statistical modelling experience to gather, organise and synthesise large amounts of information from various sources to identify key trends and provide recommendations on these trends. You will be also be responsible for developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards and metrics and provide this data through dashboards for leaderships and delivery teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessment and review of requested role approvals, including analysing business performance and needs, workforce demand, and how approved roles align to workforce strategy
- Translate business needs into clear requirements and direction for data and reporting teams. Design the resource required and leverage the internal team’s talent to deliver on the needs of the business
- Providing reporting and insights on role approvals, including regular feedback to centre teams on progress of role approvals and their link to the talent acquisition process
- Benchmark and prioritise requested roles, and make decisions on role approval volumes against budget, operational needs, and approved organisational design
- Develop Prepare and maintain forecasts to ensure targets are met including reforecasting where required to ensure volumes and staffing requirements are met, on both regular and ad hoc basis.
- Develop, maintain, and enhances standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards and metrics.
- Build tools to assist with workforce insights for our senior stakeholders and a wider audience to drive actions from workforce data and insights.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand and deliver on their people data needs: from standard reporting, workforce planning support, proactive analytics and recommendations both BU specific and at a Group level.
- Building collaborative relationships making customers and their needs a primary focus of your actions
- Manage competing stakeholder priorities, with a consultative and solution focused style
- Developing a story tell with data, and communicate this at different organisational levels utilising a variety of different styles and techniques
Ideally, you will have;
- Strong data and analytical skills with good research abilities.
- Proven experience utilising Microsoft Power BI, Excel, R/Python and contemporary time and attendance systems and payroll systems.
- Your excellent communications skills and ability to write detailed reports, and tell a story with data, will set you up for success.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal/external stakeholders as well as strong attention to detail will be integral in this role.
- A passion for data, and how it is governed, interacts with, and supports business processes and compliance.
- A demonstrated understanding of resource planning processes, theories, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of resource management systems and optimisation systems.
- Working knowledge of resourcing systems in a complex, multi-skilled environment
- Significant experience in scheduling and real time resource management
- Experience or exposure to broader Workforce Planning responsibilities such as Strategic Workforce Planning, or Organisational Design is advantageous, but not essential
- Previous experience in a leadership role in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector is highly desirable
- Attractive salary package
- Generous discount on childcare fees
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. As an organisation, we have a zero tolerance to any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and well-being of children will always be our priority and we have an expectation that all of our team members embrace this shared commitment.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.