As a national provider to the utility infrastructure sectors, we have gained a great reputation for our breadth and depth of experience delivering design, construction and maintenance services for our clients.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of a team of 2900 diverse, inclusive and passionate people working together to deliver exceptional outcomes.
The Work Group Leader - Primary is responsible for the management of a timely and effective maintenance works across the Ausnet Network.
About the role
The Work Group Leader - Primary is responsible for coordinating and organising of fitters/electricians in the provision of construction, maintenance and fault finding activities on Distribution & Transmission primary plant on the Ausnet Network.
In this role you will be working with Project Managers, Design and Asset Engineers, Network Operations, Planners, Management and other Team Leaders in the delivery of projects and associated works.
You will also be expected to:
- You Improve operational efficiencies and performance;
- Support the business objectives of Zinfra;
- Play a vital role in maintaining the short and long term viability of the business;
- To plan, organise and support field activities within specific projects/jobs; ensuring delivery expectations of customer service, quality and safety are met in a timely and profitable manner;
- Provide supervisory support and leadership to both internal and sub-contract resources; ensure training, tools, vehicle use and work environment are optimised for all personnel working on maintenance jobs and construction projects;
- Ensure safety procedures are fulfilled; each employee is properly trained for the activities being undertaken; each work site is adequately resourced; the workmanship is to appropriate standard and efficiency.
- Strong experience in field staff supervision;
- Extensive experience in supervision, utilisation, organisation, planning and leadership of work group.
- Technical skills in HV electrical construction and maintenance practices;
- Work independently, with or without direct supervision or direction;
- Strong capability in improving field work team performance and commercial orientation.
- Interface with Customers, Zinfra personnel and suppliers at all levels and in a professional manner;
- Understand own area of expertise and interface with senior management when support required;
- Ability to write reports and be able to recommend action to address problems;
- Essential: Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Work safely in the electrical environment, knowledge and understanding of electrical legislation, codes and standards of practice.
- Ideally you will have exposure to SAP and other Systems, but this is not mandatory
At Zinfra, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive, diverse environment. With a focus on equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave, leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Come join us!