- Use your knowledge of risk management processes within Drinking Water and Recycled Water guidelines to develop strategic programs around drinking water and recycled water
- 12-month fixed term role
- Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join Sydney Water and use your expertise and background in drinking water and recycled water to assist in the development and implementation of strategies and programs to ensure a resilient and reliable water supply. This includes defining priorities and work programs for water quality and water leakage.
Working collaboratively with key business, corporate, regulatory stakeholders and peak bodies you will:
- develop and implement water quality strategic plans and programs with input from diverse stakeholders and subject matter experts within Sydney Water
- define water quality objectives, outcomes and requirements, including levels of service, and performance requirements in line with customer/stakeholder engagement frameworks, and support the delivery of business outcomes to achieve the corporate strategy.
- provide input into the Strategy and direction to Policy, Position Statements, Water Quality Programs and Specifications, as required
- Lead and contribute to development and implementation of Water Quality and Recycled Water Quality Management System Frameworks to ensure compliance with Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) and Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling (AGWR),
- Monitor, evaluate and report the performance, effectiveness and benefits realisation against Strategic Plans and specifications and coordinate updates and briefing for regulators, the executive and Board.
- Identify the need for and proactively incorporate water quality research, innovation and technology
This is a 12-month fixed term role.
This role will suit someone who has extensive water industry experience with a good understanding of drinking water and recycled water guidelines and the supporting risk frameworks. .
A key component of this role is stakeholder engagement, and you must be confident in your capability to lead the engagement with a range of stakeholders, including written and verbal updates to the Executive, Board and senior regulators.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification plus an appropriate post-graduate qualification in engineering, science, business or a related discipline or experience deemed equivalent.
- Experience in working with or in government and retail water companies would be advantageous.
- Experience in water quality and integrated water cycle management
- Project management experience, with a track record of delivery
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience,
- Experience in projects with complex requirements and considerations
- Demonstrated extensive experience and knowledge of the interrelationship between network planning, water resources, asset management and water quality issues for large urban water supply systems.
- A sound understanding of the water sector, relevant New South Wales Government policy and emerging trends in drinking water, recycled water and public health outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry issues, relevant research and best practice and the ability to provide guidance regarding the current policy, regulation and standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to both lead and work within project teams and communicate with all levels including the Executive, Board and senior regulators.
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact [email protected]
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.