About the business
SEAGA Group is a small family owned business servicing a loyal customer base in the packaging and printing industry for over 30 years.
We take a partnership approach, applying our in-depth knowledge and experience from 30 years in the business to deliver personalised service and customised solutions. Our aim is to not only supply our customers with the tools they need to get on with business, but also help make our customers more competitive and efficient.
Our product range is extensive, characterised by a consistent supply of high quality, trusted industry brands.
Unique features -
* Young and energetic team
* Our team get involved in the selection of new team members
* We utilise the latest technology to develop our business
Key Accountabilities Include –
This position will support two functions in our business
A. The manufacture of specialised plywood for the packaging industry. The main responsibilities will include:
- Operation of a press aimed at producing a curved plywood board;
- Utilising plywood equipment, band saws and tooling to cut, check and trim boards appropriately;
- Ensuring all boards manufactured and boards imported meet strict quality measures;
- Prepare the boards ready for delivery to customers;
- Arrange delivery of boards to customer premises;
- Maintain a clean workplace at all times;
- Contribute to continuous improvement;
B. The completion of normal warehouse functions for the delivery of goods to our customers. The following responsibilities will include:
- Inbound Receipting
- Outwards Processing
- Inventory Control
- Warehouse management for multiple stock items
- Health and Safety
Skills and Experience -
- At least 3 years previous experience in a warehouse environment managing multiple stock lines
- Must hold a current Forklift licence
- Must always hold a valid and unrestricted drivers licence
- At least 3 years experience in using hand held scanner devices for stock control
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet seasonal business demands
- Desire for a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail
- Have a solid history of being a reliable employee
- Capable of working independently once trained
You have requested that SEEK ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have Permanent Resident Status
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Forklift Licence?
- The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machine operator?