Gloucester MediCo is the only medical service in town in a modern purpose built surgery with onsite pathology and pharmacy opened in 2014. Fully accredited, supported by reception staff, Registered Nurses and Practice Manager. Computerised, using Best Practice software. Gloucester MediCo is a mixed billing practice covering all facets of general practice, including but not limited to; childhood, women's health, men's health, aged health care, childhood and adult immunisations, mental health and chronic disease management, aged and ATSI health assessments, wound management, minor excisions, work cover and medical's, home visits, nursing home patient care and health assessments with an on site pathology collection centre. Visiting services include Exercise Physiologist, Podiatrist, Dietitian, General Surgeon, Rheumatologist, Ultrasound service, echo-cardiograms, Advanced Hearing Care, General Physician and Geriatrician.
Open Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 6 pm, Saturday 9 am-12 noon.
If you choose the VMO option; requirement is 1 weekday per week and 1 weekend in 6. Gloucester Soldiers Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed acute ward with Emergency department and 3 attached aged care facilities.
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience. Supervision / GP mentoring will be available if required.
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA.
- Either general practice speciality qualifications OR willingness to work towards these qualifications.
- Overseas candidates requiring visa sponsorship require experience in general practice, and skills to work in emergency department setting.
- Current working with children and police checks or willing to obtain these.