Broadspectrum is a leading global provider of operations, maintenance, and asset and project management services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work locally with a global organisation offering a safe workplace, a secure role and excellent career opportunities.
Broadspectrum has a longstanding partnership with the Australian Defence Force and have a brand-new opening for a qualified vehicle mechanic to join our Defence Maintenance & Support Services team. This permanent, full-time position will work across a range of heavy military vehicles, including 4x4’s, armoured tanks, trucks, tracked vehicles and infantry personnel carriers.
This role is located within our Puckapunyal defence base, and offers a dynamic team environment on one of the company’s largest contracts.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Perform all trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Operate machinery and assist in non-mechanical maintenance and construction tasks as required.
- Providing the service, repair and overhaul of mechanical parts such as the engine, the transmission and suspension systems.
- Conduct maintenance tasks, including technical inspections and classifications
- Diagnose, overhaul, repair, tune, maintain and test diesel, petrol and gas-powered vehicles
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III (Vehicle Mechanic)
- Possess an air conditioning and/or refrigeration trade and applicable National/State licence to handle refrigerants.
- Demonstrated ability and practical experience to inspect, repair and maintain Light, Medium and/or Heavy vehicle to a medium level of repair
- Possess the demonstrated ability and practical experience to inspect, repair and maintain earth moving equipment and/or A-Vehicles
- Poses a current Australian State or Territory open driver’s licence for Medium Rigid (MR) and Heavy Rigid (HR) classes of vehicles
- Possess a valid and correctly endorsed AC 344 – Statement of Attainment and/ or AC 795 – ADF Driver’s Qualification Log for A-Vehicles (Desireable)
- The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1. As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen.
- Other duties as directed from time to time by the Management, that are consistent with the attributes required for this position
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of your trade qualifications and proof of Citizenship.
The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (Secret) and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test. As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen
Broadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability