Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) is a joint venture between Newmont Australia and Barrick Gold Corporation. With operations including the Fimiston Open Pit (Super Pit), Mt Charlotte Underground Mine and the Fimiston and Gidji Processing Plants, KCGM is located approximately 600 kilometres east of Perth, Western Australia.
- Enjoy the idea of immersing yourself in a gold mining town with a rich history? We are a residential mine site located adjacent to the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
- Want to kick-start your career in the mining industry? You can gain valuable experience and play a crucial role in the operations of the iconic Super Pit.
- Do you want to transfer your university learning to practical use? You will have hands-on experience working alongside on-site teams on various projects.
About the Program
KCGM offers student vacation employment as part of our dedication to the development of young mining professionals. We offer you the opportunity to put your learnings into practice and gain valuable hands-on experience as well as build strong lasting networks within your chosen profession.
These roles are suitable for students with little to no mining experience who have good analytical skills and are seeking an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a team who play a unique and critical part in the operations of the Kalgoorlie Superpit.
- Currently studying towards a tertiary qualification in Geology
- Australian Working Rights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced levels of computer literacy
- Reside locally within the Goldfields region or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the program
- A National Police Clearance that is less than twelve (12) months old
- A current Western Australian "C' Class drivers' licence
KCGM encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners, we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.