UX Researcher - 12-month Fixed term contract
At Kmart, we are where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items and our vision is to make everyday living brighter for all our customers, every time and everywhere they shop with us.
As Australia’s brightest retail star, we have experienced great success in recent times but for Kmart this is just the beginning of our exciting journey ahead! We have big plans in place to ensure we deliver our vision and significantly expand our business. With more new stores opening across Australia and New Zealand, the growth of our online business and expansion into new markets, we are on a mission to improve the Kmart shopping experience for all our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do. There has never been a more irresistible time to join Kmart!
Due to a current incumbent being seconded to work a special project, we are in need of an experienced UX researcher to support our busy and continuously evolving online team. This role will allow you to become a key contributor to further enhancing the experience we offer our online customers and will be responsible for the following;
- Use a variety of research methods to understand online customer needs and share through deliverables such as highlight reels, infographics, reports, scenarios and user journeys.
- Support design, tech and business teams within online to run their own customer research.
- Assist project teams to design optimal experiences for online and omichannel customers as well as assist the CX team in measuring the ongoing health of the online customer-experience
- Bring rigor to design projects by running a variety of research methods (user testing, surveys, user interviews, card sorting, diary studies etc) to provide teams with rich and timely insights.
- Provide regular reporting to key stakeholders ensuring findings are presented in a manner that is easily understood by a wider audience across the business.
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Ideally an advanced degree in Psychology, User Experience, Market research or similar
- Prior experience in a similar role having worked with design or development teams
- A strong working knowledge of; user interviews, in person user testing, remote user testing, diary studies, surveys and other research methods.
- Knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and integrating research in to agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about usability and accessibility.
- Strong documentation, communication and presentation skills with an ability to effectively input into design critiques.
- Good technical knowledge to understand what is and isn't possible online.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work seamlessly with external research agencies and research teams within other areas of Kmart
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.