If you’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people, join us at WooliesX.
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Limited is Australia’s largest retailer with more than 3,000 stores across Australia and New Zealand employing more than 195,000 people. Woolworths manages some of Australia's most recognised and trusted brands including Woolworths, Caltex Woolworths, Countdown, Dan Murphy's, BWS, Langtons, Cellarmasters, BIG W and ALH. We endeavour to create a world-class experience for our customers across all of our stores and platforms.
WooliesX combines digital, e-commerce, data, and customer divisions teams and has been created to meet the changing nature of how customers shop. Through stores, online and apps, WooliesX is focused on making it easy for customers to shop in a way that suits them using one of the most sophisticated personalisation engines in Australia.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join the WooliesX team during an exciting time of growth and innovation.
Based in Surry Hills, you’ll be a member of the ‘Content Design’ chapter which forms part of the wider ‘Content’ principal chapter. The chapter’s mission is to design exceptional copy to help customers discover and engage with our products and services and to help them navigate our ecosystem.
This UX Copywriter role will be supporting the Design System squad with copywriting direction and inputs that contribute to the WooliesX Design System strategy. The project mission is to create a Design System that will enable each area of the business to deliver consistent, coherent customer experiences across the entire Woolworths digital ecosystem with speed and efficiency.
The UX Copywriter will contribute copy inputs across a collection of styles, components, principles, best practices, and guidelines that the organization needs to make its digital products consistent and seamless for customers to have a delightful experience. The copy will be UX first, and will be contextual and true to the product and written for accessibility.
- Produce clear, compelling, and engaging copy that aligns with key UX principles keeping customers at the heart of everything you do
- Understand the strategy and concept behind the Woolworths Design System and deliver best-in-class UX copywriting inputs and direction for each key build stage and its execution
- Write copy for the Woolworths Design System microsite
- Partner across User research and testing during a life cycle of the project to influence the final UX-specific copy recommendations made
- Actively be involved and participate in the earliest planning and the design phases of the project
- Work closely with the product team, UX designers and solution architects throughout the whole project
- Participate fully within the ‘Content Design’ chapter, contributing to creating a respected and valued service to deliver highly customer-focused outcomes, demonstrating a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Lead and foster an environment of collaboration and inspiration
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working on the Design System or similar e.g. UI Library, Brand guidelines
- Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.0 compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of copywriting experience within an agency/in-house studio with demonstrated examples of previous UX writing experience
- Ability to work in an agile environment, part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to direct others on the content and creative execution
- Comfortable and confident in managing stakeholders expectations
- Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Strong editing and conceptual skills
- Stellar collaborator - Demonstrated experience working with diverse, remote teams and personality types
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude with a relentless drive towards quality and consistency
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and proactive
- Meticulous attention to detail
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
We’re also social! - connect with us through # LI LinkedIn, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.