Have experience in Maintenance?
Looking to progress your career further?
Apply now! We want to hear from you!
Maintenance Officer - Mackay and surrounding suburbs
Our client is an industry leader in the provision of integrated services including cleaning and security services in retail centres and airports throughout Australia. We pride ourselves on the delivery of highly proactive and well managed services to our Clients.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor (or delegate), and within the established policies and procedures, this role holds responsibility for the implementation of maintenance services at a dedicated location. This role is an advocate for our client and is focused on being an integral part of the engaged integrated management team. The role contributes to capability development and standards compliance of the maintenance team in maintaining the retail site and creating an exceptional customer experience which will significantly contribute to our client achieving its commercial objectives and promoting the desired work culture around the company's Visions and Values of Trust, Resourceful, Ingenuity, Dedication, Expertise, Networking and Team.
This position will be responsible for:
- Organize, direct, control or coordinate work required to complete allocated tasks and to achieve contract requirements for safety and maintenance.
- Responsible for the day to day running of reactive response maintenance repairs and undertaking works as directed by the Maintenance supervisor.
- Communicate on-site procedures to outsourced contractors engaged to undertake assigned work within allocated tasks.
- Keep facility related records to comply with statutory, internal and external reporting requirements.
- Provide information to the Maintenance Supervisor to enable keeping of defined work related records.
- Undertake activities/tasks as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Report all incident and where required participate in the investigation process.
- Conduct inspections of assets in accordance with defined PPM’s and or inspection schedule of work.
- Participate in training both on and off the job as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in workplace safety arrangements.
- Report any HSE hazards or incidents identified in the workplace.
- Comply with work instructions & Group Integrated Management System (IMS) policies.
- Attend and/or provide Tool Box chats and IMS.
To be successful in this position you will need to display the following:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed client service skills.
- Prior maintenance experience and certificates/qualifications to follow
- Customer Service experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to supervise and instruct staff.
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with Client management.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to provide onsite training and mentoring.
- Flexibility to work within a rotating 24/7 roster.
- High personal integrity and grooming standards.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages candidates who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders to apply.