We're looking for people who place our community at the forefront of everything they do.
- Contract full time role for a 2 year period
- Level 8 $110,497 per annum plus Super
Marion is one of the largest Councils in South Australia, serving more than 89,000 residents in Adelaide's southern suburbs. We offer our community 160 different services while maintaining over $1 billion in assets. We pride ourselves on innovation, achievement, respect and integrity and the satisfaction of knowing your work is helping improve residents' lives in this thriving community.
As the Unit Manager Statutory Finance and Payroll, you will be responsible for people management within the Finance and Payroll team. You will be liaising with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external and supporting the organisation through your financial leadership and expertise.
In addition you will lead the preparation and ongoing maintenance of Council's Long Term Financial Plan (LTFP), including the development of financial scenarios and modelling. You will relish in managing the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements as well as financial statements for quarterly Budget Review reports for submission to Council.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- CA/CPA Qualified.
- Post-graduate Accounting/Finance and Taxation related qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Experience in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements, Financial Plans and Tax Compliance Issues (GST and FBT).
- A high level of knowledge of relevant tax legislation, in particular GST and FBT. Must have the ability to interpret and apply this legislation.
- High level of knowledge of legislation relevant to the provision of Financial Management Services in local government.
- Ability to manage, train and coach staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Expert digital literacy and proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and commitment to perform effectively as an individual and in a team.
Your commitment to displaying the values of the organisation while delivering a quality customer experience to our community will make you a valued team member.
For further information, please contact: Ray Barnwell, Manager Finance on 08 8375 6770.
To apply and view the position description visit
https://cityofmarion.recruitmenthub.com.au/vacancies & enter ref code: 4942816.
Applications close 04 December 2019 at 9:00am