WHAT WE DO
For over 50 years we have been dedicated to solving operational challenges and making safer industrial environments. As part of our team, we will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level.
Reporting directly to the Service Operations Manager for Queensland, this role is multifaceted and will rely upon your expert knowledge as a specialist in flame proofing equipment.
This is a role for a versatile trade’s qualified electrician who has the capacity and willingness to lend their unique skillset in equipment flame proofing across a range of sectors within the Ampcontrol team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will flex between being a technical contact point for customers, a technical testing verifier, and onsite installation and testing of Ampcontrol products and services. These include Dieselguard installation and service, Diesel and UG mobile equipment Introduction to Site inspections, Pre-Overhaul Assessments and Overhauls.
You will work alongside our workshop team on continual improvement of flame proofing compliance standards within our UG Service Team in the installation and testing of our range of Ampcontrol products.
- Market competitive rates - earn great $$$
- OT paid at penalty rates
- Purchase additional annual leave, for greater work/life balance
- Fitness subsidies
- Educational assistance programs that support your continued development
- Discounted health insurance
- Salary sacrificing options
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Trades qualification as an electrician
- High level and hands on knowledge of installation and testing of flameproof equipment
- Qualified Supervisors Certificate
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated experience in management of technical issues relating to UG mobile machinery electrics
It is desirable to have the following skills and competencies:
- Advanced Diploma or degree level qualifications in electrical engineering
- Cert IV Trainer and Assessor
- AutoCAD experience
- AS3800 responsible person competency
- Experience with underground mining equipment overhauls (CM’s, SC’s, Aux Fans, Multi Bolter’s or Diesel equipment)
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced business that celebrates creativity, problem solving and challenging the status quo, you’ll be a terrific fit at Ampcontrol.
**Due to current immigration restrictions and urgency to be filled, this position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. It is a requirement that you are currently located in Australia.