Join Team KCGM
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Underground Boilermaker to be part of the Mt Charlotte mobile and fixed plant maintenance team.
Reporting to the Underground Electrical & Fixed Plant Supervisor, this hands-on position will undertake both boilermaking and fitting duties in a safe and effective manner, to ensure the ongoing functionality of Mt Charlotte's equipment and infrastructure.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake welding duties associated with fixed plant and mobile plant as well as the underground shaft and winder to ensure the ongoing reliability of the above infrastructure. Welding techniques will include, but are not limited to, tig, mig, arc, oxy welding and oxy cutting.
- Assist in the maintenance, repair and replacement of underground pump systems as well as associated pipes and valves, to ensure the ongoing functionality of the underground pumping system.
- Undertake design fabrication and implementation, including but not limited to miscellaneous components as well as steel and pipe work to ensure the ongoing maintenance of underground infrastructure.
- Assist Mobile Maintenance Department with condition monitoring of loader bucket and truck tubs to ensure availability of spare components.
- Minimum three (3) years post trade boiler making experience
- Attainment of an Australian Nationally Accredited Boilermaker's Trade Certificate
- Nationally Accredited Forklift Licence
- Elevated Work Platform Certificate
- Dogging Certificate
- Basic Rigging Certificate
- Must reside in the Goldfields region
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Minimum one (1) years underground post trade boiler making experience
- Experience in underground fixed plant fitting
- Working at Heights Certificate
Why work for us?
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages and health allowance contributions. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world’s richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.