Nestled in charming Samford Village in a beautiful Queenslander in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane, Churchill Education is looking for a new Recognition of Prior Learning Assessor to join our team.
You will be required to work in our office from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm for 6 months. After completing probation, you will be offered a hybrid working model – working at home Monday and Tuesday and working in the office Wednesday to Friday.
You will need your own reliable vehicle and a current Queensland Drivers’ licence as public transport is not an option.
We hire from the Australian Defence Force Veteran community and would be particularly interested in applicants who have retired from service with 12 - 20 years' service within the last 5 years.
Here's How to Apply
Just so you know from the start, to apply for this position, you will need to write us a letter.
In your letter, you need to tell us four things:
- You know that the position is in Samford Village and you are happy to drive here each day.
- Why are you interested in this position as a Recognition of Prior Learning Assessor?
- How have you solved a problem for a client/customer or colleague before to help get the best result?
- Acknowledge that you hold one or more of the following:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
either TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A, and
either TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
Then add your resume to your covering letter and submit your application.
If you are happy to do these things, read on to learn more about the position.
Tasks & Responsibilities
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- reviewing client evidence portfolios and providing a preliminary assessment result to give clients understanding of their qualification options;
- conducting interviews with clients to assist in gathering their evidence to meet qualification requirements;
- completing the full RPL assessment on behalf of a client including the mapping of evidence to the qualification requirements;
- reviewing and updating required evidence lists as qualifications are updated;
- reviewing and updating assessment processes periodically;
- working effectively with your administration officer to complete all assessment processes on time and to a compliant standard.
Churchill offers "done for you" standard of RPL service where clients provide us their evidence and we complete the mapping and critical analysis. Our clients do not receive an overwhelming RPL kit to complete because we retain talented RPL Assessors to work through the academic processes for them.
We will teach the successful candidate our processes and share our 15+ years’ experience offering an RPL service to ensure the new RPL Assessor is successful in the role.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- hold Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 with the LLN Unit, TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or the TAE40116 or a Diploma of Vocational Education and Training;
- hold Diploma or higher qualifications in a range of qualifications, including from the Business Services package;
- have experience as a Trainer/Assessor in the Defence or VET sector;
- working knowledge of ASQA standards and be able to work effectively in a compliance focused environment;
- IT savvy so you can pick up our programs quickly.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A warm and friendly manner that focuses on supporting our customers’ positive experience with Churchill
- Enjoy helping people achieve recognition and have the ability to quickly build a positive rapport with others;
- Problem solving ability - you need to be able to see a problem and think outside the square to solve it. Rigid thinkers will not suit this role;
- Attention to detail - operating in an accredited environment means that it is important the boxes are ticked;
- A readiness to laugh - life is always better for a good dose of fun along the way;
- Proficient in working on digital platforms
- Service in the Australian Defence Force in your career, particularly if you reached the rank of Sergeant or above;
- If you have experienced a significant career transition in your life this would be helpful to understand our clients' situations. Ideally, the successful candidate will have benefited from RPL personally.
Benefits & Perks
Travel to our welcoming office in your car, driving through the beautiful mountains of Samford Valley each morning.
You will receive a base salary of $70,000 - $75,000 per annum dependent on your experience PLUS you will receive your Superannuation and leave entitlements.
Each Christmas/New Year, you will receive some gifted recreation days to spend with your family as the whole team breaks for the year. Additionally, we have two team celebration events each year to recognise and reward the team’s achievements.
Most Thursdays, we share morning tea treats – great for connecting as the team comes together.
About Churchill Education
Churchill Education is a Registered Training Organisation who help people turn their career experience into qualifications from Certificate III's all the way up to Post-Graduate level. We have the best clients and their stories continue to inspire us.
We are a family business, run by a husband and wife team - Randall and Tricia - founded in 2006. Our team is focused on doing really good work that serves our customers well. We are proud of our clients and each other.
You will be joining a small team of 14 people who genuinely enjoy working together. We laugh, a lot!
We value people who bring a positive attitude to work and look for ways to support each other in our day-to-day work.
You can visit www.churchilleducation.edu.au to learn more about us.