Georgiou is a national building construction and civil engineering company, delivering major projects across Australia. Our aim is to be 'the best people to work with'. Our brand is a result of our Georgiou Way values of safety, profit, relationships, people and innovation. At Georgiou, we create a workplace where people excel and invest in our people through all aspects of their lives.
We are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer/Manager to work on various projects in the Sydney area. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing New South Wales business.
What we are seeking:
- Hold a current “Prepare Work Zone Traffic Management Plan” qualification
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in traffic management on road construction sites
- Demonstrated experience on Roads Maritime Services (RMS) projects and/or major civil construction projects with traffic management and development of staging
- Demonstrated experience in liaison with Transport Management Centre (TMC)
- Demonstrated experience in planning of project traffic staging to ensure works are completed safely, efficiently and in accordance with client requirements.
What to expect in this role:
- Development and management of Project Traffic Management and Control Plans
- Management and coordination of Subcontractor Traffic controllers
- Regularly monitoring traffic flow to ensure compliance with the Contract and inspections of traffic control measures effectiveness
- Identifying traffic risks and provide recommendations for improvement
- Auditing and regular reporting on any traffic related matters and measures
- Facilitate consultations with local business and residents on traffic matters
- Liaise with the client, other authorities and relevant parties on traffic management matters for the site
- Review and develop traffic staging plans at commencement and during project delivery
- Provide input into tendering process in relation to traffic staging and traffic management requirements.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary package
- A dynamic and continually evolving working environment
- The opportunity to work with a diverse and engaged group of people
- Strong support at both project and corporate levels
- A long term career development focus
Please visit our website for more information www.georgiou.com.au and apply via the link or through our website. We look forward to receiving your application!
Georgiou is an equal opportunity employer and a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador