TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD t/a Tikka Take in Canberra – ACT is looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress who can uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities will include the following
- Trade Waiters at TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD are required to greet and escort customers to their tables, ensure that the guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant and ultimately, it is the duty of our waiters to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests at “TIKKA Take”.
- Must of be familiar with all menu items of all food, liquor, beer, wine and other drinks in the menu.
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, plates and glasses, maintain a tidy dining area and look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies; inform customers about the day’s specials; offer menu recommendations upon request and up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and ensure that customers are served in a friendly, efficient manner while maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Guests must feel welcome, comfortable and well attended to at all times.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages, communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Undergo an intensive induction training program to learn the TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD way to promote our cuisine, serve patrons and create a unique and memorable dining experience.
- Serve food and drink orders and ensure that Alcohol service and cocktail preparation are in accordance with authentic “Tikka Take” custom
- Clear tables promptly and ensure premises including work area complies with the highest standards of cleanliness
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer concerns, keeping in mind the traditional “Tikka Take” style representation.
- Deliver bill and collect bill payments
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Assist in catering orders - both offsite and onsite including set-up, logistics and customer satisfaction
- Assist in promoting monthly specials with tastings team and giving “Tikka Take” style flavour feedback
- Attend and actively participate in training programs and meetings as required at TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD and train other trade waiters
- Assist in promoting word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Comply with RSA management and WHS requirements and TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD’s policies and procedures
- Certificate III, Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Proven work experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference centre operation
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work in shifts and may require working in shifts and/or during weekends and holidays.
If you are ready for a high impact role that shows your talent and potential, please send your resume to: Email: [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Store Manager on PHONE: 1300 845 528