- Great opportunity to be part of a high level training team
- Amazing facilities
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical and/or Electrical Trainer based at our Sherwood QLD branch. Reporting to the Senior Trainer, the purpose of the role is to design, develop, deliver and evaluate technical and or electrical training programs for Komatsu staff which enhance the skills of our people and improve support to our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver high quality training that achieves course participant evaluation results in the 80 – 100% range, and act on any areas noted for improvement.
- Increase the range of technical and electrical training programs which can be delivered.
- Design, upgrade or develop training materials to Komatsu’s RTO standards.
- Maintain, improve and renew skills, knowledge and experience ensuring they remain current times.
- Maintain frequent and collaborative technical relationships with the technical support teams to ensure that the training delivered is current, accurate and validated.
- Promote our technical and apprentice training to customers as high quality OEM-certified programs.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Possess qualification for Certificate III in MEM30205 - Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade OR AUR31216 - Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology OR UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology (or equivalent qualification)
- A trade or professional qualification relevant to the technical and electrical training disciplines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a service department or similar working environment
- Sound understanding of RTO operations as well as relevant experience
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- A professional and cooperative approach to competing demands
- Ability to manage travel and be quality-focused, flexible and adaptable
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into a variety of exciting fields. We are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development & education as fundamental to achieving your goals. We also provide a range of services and benefits to assist our employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Career Development and Education Support Programs for further studies
- Dedicated training in Business Skills, Leadership, Sales & Customer Service and OH&S
- Company-funded Income Protection Insurance, if chosen
- Generous salary, laptop, phone, credit card and company-funded vehicle