Technical Support (Smart Metering)
SATEC is an innovative leader in Research & Development for the Energy Sector.
Our focus is with electrical smart-metering technology, power quality analysers, digital fault recorders and software for the Smart-Grid & Energy Management Systems. We create next generation technology to service the energy economy in a Digital Age of IoT.
Quality and metering leadership SATEC provide, is based on globally recognised standards, such as ISO 9001 for manufacturing and ISO 17025 for laboratory certifications.
Along with leading edge electrical technology, you will be working with modern Software as a Service (SaaS) energy management and billing platforms serving many markets, such as: Utilities, Renewables, Industry, Commercial & Residential, Data Centres...to name a few.
Your role will be to provide primary and secondary support to customers and internal staff in the Oceania Region, as well as assist with project works as required. Including this core responsibilities, you would also be assisting with sales and marketing channels, based on your technical competencies. You would be required to travel occasionally to support these activities.
- Provide technical support for electrical metering systems
- Provide technical support for energy management software
- Solution development for smart-metering applications
- Visit customer sites for project work, support and presentations
- Attend events for sales and marketing activities
- Development of hardware and software advanced metering solutions
- Provide sales and marketing support to the team based on your technical knowledge
What you must have to apply for this job
- Technically inquisitive
- Initiative and ability to learn and adapt
- Prior experience in a support role (preferred)
- Ability to travel
You will be highly regarded if you also have
- Tertiary degree in an engineering
- Prior experience in sectors such as: Metering, Energy, ICT, Automation, SaaS, etc
- Experience in: SQL, Windows IIS, Windows Server Administration, JSON
- Microsoft Office Programming skills
- Automation knowledge
- Exposure to communication protocols
- Experience in network technologies: switches, routers, data concentrators, TCP/IP, etc..
- NABERS or LEEDS qualification
- Electrical trades licence
Personal Qualities Required
- Customer service expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined & takes initiative
- Ability to adapt and problem solve
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytical skills
- Operates well within a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Fast learner