Technical specialist / Product support advisor. Hydraulic Mining Shovels
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Specialist to fill our Product Support Advisor (PSA) in a permanent role. The primary role of the Technical Specialist is to maximum up time and product reliability. Reporting to the Project Support Supervisor, the primary role is a hand's on role which requires you to carry out diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on the auxiliary fleet assigned to this project. The role will require you to provide technical support as an advisor/consultant on maintenance and technical issues, whilst also undertake regular equipment inspections. Being a specialised position you need to work unsupervised and have sound mechanical and electrical diagnostic skills.
You must have extensive knowledge in Hydraulic mining shovels, 6040, 6050, 6060 and 6090.
- Exhibit a committed safety focus in all work and behaviour.
- Report and assist in the completion of product improvement programs
- Work with the site based reliability team to ensure condition monitoring information is regularly evaluated and acted upon through written report recommendations
- Arrange component failure analysis where the root cause is not immediately obvious.
- Work with our customers Planners and Supervisors to plan shutdowns and overhauls
- Provide Technical support as an advisor /consultant on Maintenance and Technical issues to the customers Maintenance Team when and where required.
- Attend weekly Site Planning meetings to ensure that WesTrac has met its obligations for scheduled shutdowns. This may involve acquiring additional Field service Techs or fitters
- On a monthly basis report on mean time between failure, mean time to repair and physical availability as well as any relevant support issues, recommendations and action plans
- Conduct measurement reports on all Shovels under a formal schedule in line with equipment shutdowns.
The Measurement reports will be sent to the WesTrac CSM, the customers Shovel superintendent and/or Manager responsible for planning change outs.
The PSA will make recommendations for appropriate actions as a result of his findings and discuss procurement and replacement of components with maintenance and utilising additional WesTrac resources as required
- Attend daily Start-up meetings with Maintenance Supervisors to ensure all parties have a clear understanding of the issues from previous day’s events.
- Assist our customer with Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support on machine warranty claims. This may include determining warranty and escalation of warrantable issues to WesTrac supervision or management.
- Provide the customer with G.E.T wear reports, including CTS inspections on shovels.
- A combined monthly report to be submitted to the customer which includes but not limited to G.E.T wear reports, CTS reports, current CI projects, machine availabilities, major downtime events etc.
- Assist the customer with recommendations on operator practices as/if viewed
- Countercheck all information on Service reports to ensure all details and relevant Data is included to enable easy processing of Warranty claims
- Compile and deliver end of Shift report to CSM along with ensuring adequate time to carry out “Handover “to incoming PSA.
- Strive to assist our customer achieve machine availability and reliability KPI’s
- Report and assist to coordinate recommendations to improve product related issues
- Provide the customers Superintendents with all relevant product update and improvement literature
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- High level verbal and written communication
- Ability to analyse data and compile reports
- Microsoft office suite of products
- MMS/commercial software (Preferably AX/AMT)
- Commercial negotiation
- High level of computer literacy
Personal attributes and qualities that are relevant to the success of this position:
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a small team environment
- Ability to work without continuous direct supervision
- Effective communications at all levels
- Be able to accommodate changed priorities at short notice
- Need to understand the benefits and principals of effective teamwork
- Commitment to principles of continuous improvement
- Facilitation skills
- Company Benefits:
- WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance