Your new company
Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a modern fire and rescue service that meets the needs of twenty-first century Victoria. Established on 1 July 2020 as part of Victoria's Fire Services Reforms [https://www.vic.gov.au/fire-services-reform], FRV serves and protects communities across Melbourne and Victoria's major regional centres from 85 FRV fire and rescue stations across the state. Its career firefighters operate 47 fire stations in metropolitan Melbourne and 38 regional stations, most of which are co-located with CFA volunteer brigades. FRV proudly continues to work alongside the Country Fire Authority (CFA), which is a community-based volunteer fire service. Fire Rescue Victoria values and respects workplace diversity. We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.
Your new role
Under the direction of the Senior Technical Officer, the Technical Officer will provide infrastructure support services as required including installation, fault diagnosis, repair and replacement of faulty equipment and assemblies across various Melbourne Fire stations.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Carry out preventative maintenance programmes.
- To provide technical support services for customer computer software and hardware installations.
- To be pro-active in the provision of support services by alerting the Senior Technical Officer to any unusual or recurring problems.
- To maintain knowledge of infrastructure administered by ICS together with relevant procedures and standards.
- To assist other Technical Officers as required.
- When required, design, build and install specialised equipment for operational requirements.
- Adhere to ITIL processes
What you'll need to succeed
- An appropriate technical qualification in a relevant discipline or an equivalent level of professional expertise gained through substantial experience
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A current ACMA cabling Licence
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, software and technical aspects of computer system installation and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of communication, electronics, security and other systems operated by customers.
- Sound interpersonal skills, including negotiation and liaison skills.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable emergency services that exists to serve, support and protect the community to which you belong, with the opportunity to make a significant impact to the way the fire services operate into the future. You will work in a flexible environment where you will feel supported by an experienced, highly professional team. You will have the opportunity to apply for monthly RDO’s, have free access to a gymnasium and also professional Corporate apparel.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click “APPLY NOW” or email your updated CV to [email protected] or call me on 03 9095 2246
LHS 297508 #2494923