Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
About the Role
The Technical Lead will primarily be responsible for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the usage of IT systems. They will contribute to conversations and decisions around the most effective platform for operations and will report to the Team Leader.
To be eligible for this position you will need to hold Australian Citizenship and be able to obtain a Baseline or NV1 Clearance.
What you’ll bring
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Previous Technical Lead Experience
- Good understanding of various platforms, including AWS, Azure, Microsoft, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Passion and interest for Operational Excellence
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the team to achieve organisation’s goals
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
- Provide specialised skills and services to maximise platform use and efficiency
- Provide expert advice and guidance to business stakeholders to deliver short-term and long-term goals of Datacom
- Contribute to future planning, standards and guidelines
- Investigate available hardware and/or software and provide recommendations
- Build and maintain strong relationship with all stakeholders including third party providers and Datacom management of all levels
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.