About Our Client
Our client is a well know regional council located in one of QLD's most liveable locations.
They are well known for their aims to actively promote and support the local community while also enabling its growth and prosperity. The Region is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and locations include access to Great Barrier Reef islands and lagoons, including Heron, Lady Musgrave, North West and Wilson, among others. The region is famous for fishing and boating making it an ideal opportunity offering work life balance.
- Complete investigations, option studies, concept designs, detail designs and technical specifications to required engineering standards, policies and guidelines, in compliance with legislation and within required timeframes and allocated budgets.
- Provide investigation, engineering and design recommendations after giving due consideration to customer requirements, whole of life costs, constructions constraints, political landscape, safety, and heritage and social environment impact across the asset lifecycle.
- Review design drawings and associated cost estimations and documentation.
- Prepare and review professional engineering documents, reports, assessments and general correspondence.
- Project manage consultants where required to meet program deliverables.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders and customers to ensure detailed understanding of their requirements and seek input at during key milestones.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of annual design and investigation works programs and the preparation of annual budgets as required.
- Participate in various infrastructure related committees and technical groups when required.
- Required to exercise the legislative powers in relation to entry onto private property for the purposes of performing works and/or monitoring/enforcing the provisions of legislation.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (or a related discipline), together with significant experience within the field.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Regulations, engineering guidelines and standards.
- Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills to effectively conduct a range of Investigative/Design duties.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Eligibility for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Experience communicating with contractors, service authorities, consultant engineers and internal and external customers.
- Experience in the application of Engineering Design Guidelines applicable to a local government environment (e.g. Austroads and Water Services Association of Australia), relevant acts and regulations and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
- Previous local government experience.
- Engineering Design office experience.
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation.
What's on Offer
On offer is an opportunity to join a growing team in one of Queensland best regional areas. On a personal note you will be given an excellent work life balance in a true lifestyle location. Professionally you will be supported in a genuine team environment that is growing under the guidance of an excellent leadership team whilst being given the opportunity for genuine career progression.
If you or someone you know would be interested in hearing more. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via for a confidential discussion.