We are looking for an experienced and dedicated DENTAL TEAM MEMBER to join our growing practice. Candidates must have at least one year of dental assisting or front desk experience. You will greet patients, prepare exam rooms, and help the dentist during patient examinations and other dental procedures. Between patients, you will clean exam rooms and replenish supplies. When not working with patients, you will also assist with administrative tasks, including answering phones and organizing patient records as needed.
Dental Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather patient information and health background
- Prepare the work area for procedures
- Assist the dentist during examinations and dental procedures
- Prepare materials for crowns or dental impressions
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
Restock treatment areas and monitor inventory
Dental Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Dental assistant certificate from an accredited vocational school (preferred)
- 1+ years of dental assisting experience
- X-ray certification a plus
- Excellent understanding of dental hygiene procedures
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
FRONT DESK & ADMINISTRATION TEAM MEMBERS
What Are the Daily Responsibilities of a Dental Front Desk Team Member?
A dental front desk team membert is, among other things, the representative of a dental office. They are the first person a patient speaks to, and are an important part of establishing the patient’s relationship with the office. A dental receptionist is responsible for making sure that the operations of a dental office run smoothly so that the dental professionals can concentrate on patient care and dental treatment.
The Responsibilities of a Dental Front Desk Team Member Include:
- Greeting patients as they arrive and answering the phones.
- Scheduling and cancelling patient appointments.
- Managing office inventory and supplies.
- Communicating with dental supply vendors.
- Handling test results including x-rays.
- Office duties including document filing, scanning, and creation
What Skills Does a Dental Front Desk Team Member Need to Have?
A successful dental front desk team member helps ensure that a dental office works efficiently while providing a professional, friendly point of communication for patients and associates.
Requirements of a Dental Front Desk Team Member Include:
- Excellent phone and in-person communication skills.
- Organization, time management and multitasking abilities.
- An understanding of dental office procedures and workflow.
- Computer literacy in basic applications like email and Microsoft Office.