Team Leader – Residential Lending Support
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Team Leader opportunity to help drive performance and process optimization of our Assistant Relationship Managers
- Sydney based - CBD location
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.
Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support in the development of the Assistant Relationship Managers for Residential Lending. Collaborating and consulting closely with the Residential Relationship Managers, Senior Manager and various stakeholders across BOQ Specialist to help coach and deliver on performance and process improvements aligned to the strategic business objectives.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Coaching and Development of Assistant Relationship Managers to deliver improvements to meet our customers’ needs
- Deliver workforce allocation optimization, ensuring upskilling of colleague development capability and allocation of optimal experience across the team to deliver on customer needs
- Ongoing collaboration with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvements across processes, systems, and enhance communication across business divisions.
- Accountable for quality of deal submission, working closely with credit, risk and assurance teams to build a solid risk framework for our deal submissions and championing this across the team.
- Lead the team in providing consistent, outstanding service to internal and external customers
- Keeping updated on external competitors and market trends and educating colleagues on latest industry updates.
- Establishing and maintaining a strong risk and compliance culture across the team ensuring frameworks, processes and procedures are understood and adhered to and ensure relevant training is provided.
- Coordinate and deliver new starter training
- Managing workflow across the team ensuring effective resource allocation.
- Build strong working relationships with State Managers, Relationship Managers, Risk & Compliance and Operations teams to improve optimisation and compliance of deal flow processes
- Driving team engagement and fostering a culture of continuous improvement with the team
- Help champion and lead change
- Overall management involvement including: KPI management, PDR’s of direct reports, Steering Team Meetings, Executing training strategy, Leave approvals, Recruitment involvement Coaching & Mentoring and input in performance review discussions
Having developed a successful career in banking you will have a strong background in Residential / Mortgage Home Lending and have had previous experience in leading teams and driving continuous improvement across systems, processes and risk and compliance frameworks.
You will have a natural ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to help generate feedback in building out continuous improvement initiatives and understand strategic business objectives.
Your previous experience in leading teams and strong working knowledge of Residential Lending processes will enable you to become a well-respected mentor and leader for your Assistant Relationship Manager direct reports and across the wider business.
You will be a self-starter with good positive energy and approach to selling and relationship management with effective communication and business development skills.
Experience and proficiency with core banking systems and Microsoft Office will also be required
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies. BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our offices in Chifley Tower in the Sydney CBD provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks