Exciting leadership roles for Team Coordinators and Team Coordinators - Peer Specialists to join our Ashbury and Leichhardt teams!
The positions are:
- Two vacancies available at Ashbury and Leichhardt working within the Supported Independent Living program
- Full-time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Monday to Friday
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Opportunities
As the Team Coordinator, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. In addition, you will assist the manager with program implementation, rosters and timesheets where necessary.
You will also have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. As the Team Coordinator, you will lead by example by taking a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Provide My Plan supervision and reflective practice with lower or similar classified employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of statutory and legal requirements and exercise this knowledge with staff.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
We value lived experience and believe peer support is a powerful part of the mental health recovery journey. Therefore, we also have Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist roles for those willing to use their lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will apply peer work philosophies in your role and use your lived experience openly to build professional relationships and reciprocity with the people you support.
For more information, please review the Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialistposition description and the Peer Worker Information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.