- Supporting the day to day of people lives!
- $80k + superannuation - More for suitability and experience
- On-going professional development and training
The Child Development Institute is an AUTISM SPECIFIC early intervention centre for children aged 2 – 5 years. They deliver the Early Start Denver Model, an evidence-based and play based intervention specifically developed for young children with autism. It is recognised worldwide, as the number one intervention for young children with autism and has many research studies and clinical trials to prove its effectiveness.
About the Role:
As a full-time Teacher, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team with speech pathologists, Occupational Therapists and other Teachers in an Early Intervention setting. This role includes professional training to become an Accredited Early Start Denver Model Therapist and your time will be split between working in a morning group intervention program with a ratio of 1 therapist to every 2 children, and ESDM clinics or support for individual children in mainstream ECECs in the afternoon.
Each week you will receive one afternoon dedicated to training, to focus on your ESDM training, and time allocated to planning, programming and data collection. Our purpose-built centre is designed and fully resourced with the best equipment to deliver the Early Start Denver Model Intervention.
- Possess exceptional leadership and communicational skills
- Enthusiastic team-player looking to join a co-operative team
- You are passionate to work with children with additional support needs, specifically autism
- Motivated to undergo training to deliver the Early Start Denver Model within the group setting and in 1:1 sessions
- Be willing to work within the framework of the ESDM. This includes working under clinical supervision and guided practice, and being able to self-evaluate throughout on-going practice
- Be committed to delivering only the highest quality early intervention and care
- Have sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Hold a current first aid certificate, including Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR certification or be willing to obtain this
What’s on Offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience.
- A positive contribution to society and rewarding social impact
- Structured training to upskill in the area of early intervention
- Welcoming and family-oriented team environment
Early Childhood Teacher applicants will:
- Have an approved Early Childhood Teaching degree and be registered with NESA.
- Boast previous experience working with children with autism or disabilities in mainstream or early intervention settings
- Be committed to ongoing professional development towards ESDM Certification, ongoing reflective practice, and professional goal setting
- Have strong leadership skills and ideally experience in staff management
- Effective relationship-building strategies with families, children, and staff
This is a great opportunity for an Early Childhood Teacher who has exceptional leadership skills and is looking to work with a team that has a positive social impact. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us by clicking APPLY today