Lead Educator/ ECT
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to all educators in the Service as Lead Educator
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all children
- Providing education and care that meets/ exceeds the national regulations, the National Quality Framework (NQF), and support the Early Years Learning Framework
- Ensuring delivery of routines and programs (intentional and spontaneous) in a timely manner
- Planning and facilitating stimulating and appealing learning experiences & environments for the children.
- Documenting the children's learning and supporting and mentoring other team members to do so, all in a timely manner
- Communicate positively & professionally with families
Assistant Director/ 2IC
- Work alongside the Director as 2IC to ensure the effective management of the Service
- Contribute to policy & procedure development to ensure efficient and effective management
- Assist with long-term planning and forecasting
- Managing staff
- Being accountable and ensuring the accountability of the Team
Benefits and perks
- Imagine living by the beach and waking up to the sounds of the ocean?
- Imagine having only a ten minute drive to work and no traffic jams? What will you do with your extra time?
- Imagine getting home in daylight and going to the beach for a swim or going for a bike ride?
- Imagine year-round sport?
- Imagine parking right out the front of the business or shop you need to visit?
This is the lifestyle that awaits you when you choose to live and work in Coffs Harbour, in the sub-tropics of NSW. Situated by road about 5.5hours from Sydney and 4.5hours from Brisbane with a regional airport, we are never far from anywhere. You live in a town with city benefits and a country feel.
The Service has a brand new landscaped garden with real grass!, plants and all natural materials. And as a smaller Service we are able to be focused and respond quickly to our children and families needs, providing personal service. This translates to us being a dedicated team of Educators focused on giving the children what they need in a caring environment. Working alongside the Director you will have real influence and the ability to contribute effectively to the running of the Service.
Situated 3.8km from the town centre, with a district park nearby for excursions, we are in a peaceful locale within a residential area. There is a bus route out the front and free onsite parking for staff
This position has room to grow professionally with the view to the right candidate becoming Director/Nominated Supervisor in the future.
If you want to learn all aspects of the childcare business and industry, then this position has your name on it.
Skills and experience
It is essential that you have:
- an approved ECT degree, or are actively working towards it. Having first achieved a Diploma qualification and at least 3 years FT working experience, you would be a prime candidate
- Experience 3 years in managing, mentoring and motivating people
- Working knowledge and experience with the NQS and QIP
You will need to be organised, enthusiastic, creative and able to play the long game. You will have great oral and written communication skills, showing diplomacy and empathy when required. And you will have a thirst to learn and strive.