Early Childhood Teacher
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart West Kempsey
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard.
We believe that children learn through play. No longer are we sitting in large groups discussing colours and letters. We use the interests of the children to extend on their knowledge and help them to learn from there through play, technology, and books to investigate all their questions and aiming to answer every one of them!
Our centre values the partnership we have developed with our families. Through this partnership we work collaboratively towards creating a curriculum that ensures learning experiences are meaningful. Our programs are all aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and we have a well-balanced approach, meeting the individual characters and needs of each child.
Our centre’s vision is: “We are dedicated to the learning and nurturing of all children within our community and are committed to providing collaborative, high quality educational programs that support families.” It is a vision developed in partnership between the centre’s educators and our parents and families.
We have a four rooms within the centre: Nursery, Toddlers, Kindy and Kindergarten / Preschool. We have a cook on site who provides healthy and nutritionally-balanced meals – which is very important when the children are able to spend their days learning and playing in their group rooms or out in the playgrounds. Each yard has a strong focus on nature and sustainability with vege patches and a citrus tree, as well as potted plants and herbs.
Our team of dedicated educators and carers enjoy watching the children grow and develop; we ensure there is a continuity in the learning and care offered and from Nursery to Preschool we are focused on preparing your child to be ready for school and, moreover, equipped to be responsible, self-aware lifelong learners.
About our Centre
- 76 Place Centre
- School Readiness Program
- Community Centric
- Key Educator Program
- Friendly Team Environment
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- Non-Contact Programming – minimum of 2/3 hours per week
- 38 hours per week + RDO
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (State applicable)
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment
Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! For further details please call Kerry on 08 9475 4226
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here