Excellent opportunity to join the amazing team at Goodstart Coorparoo Cavendish Road!
About the Role
Goodstart has a new exciting opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher in our vibrant team, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will be responsible for planning innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums using the Early Years Learning Framework, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Goodstart Coorparoo Cavendish Road is an Early Learning Centre situated on the southside of Brisbane’s CBD. Our Early Learning Centre caters for children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age and is made up of 5 rooms - Nursery, Toddlers, Senior Toddlers, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten. We believe in providing the best possible Education and Care to each and every child within our Centre and to ensure that all children are supported and guided through the first five years of their life. Our educators aim to provide a nurturing and engaging care environment where every child feels safe and secure to explore all aspects of our play based learning programs. Our educators scaffold children during the learning process to provide support and encouragement whilst ensuring each child feels comfortable in the care environment. Our Centre also provides opportunities for children to participate in extracurricular activities including Happy Feet, Ginger Sports, Kindy Tennis, Billy Buddies and Physi Kids.
- Full-time - 38 hours/week
- Pre-kindergarten room
- Set shift 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Great leadership support
- 74 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Competitive above award salary
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Paul Newton, Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]