Teacher – Stratton
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard.
You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
We are a 97 place purpose built child care centre with modern facilities, featuring five large, age appropriate rooms with a great variety of equipment available for use of both indoors and outdoors.
Our program at Goodstart Stratton is a culturally competent holistic program incorporating all aspects of a child’s developmental domains. It is reflective of the elements of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) – belonging, being and becoming. We believe these outcomes are the backbone in ensuring we are providing our children with the best possible start in life to prepare them for their future.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- 97 place, well-resourced, purpose built centre
- Full time, permanent position commencing immediately
- Centre is offering a rotating roster
- The role will be based in a 30 place 4 – 5 year old room
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Centre has incursions and excursions in place or underway
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Professional development and networking
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please contact David Pytko on 03 9825 7715.