Early Childhood Teacher
Goodstart Griffith – Clifton Boulevard
Part time – 3 days a week
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Griffith – Clifton Boulevard. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS).
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
About our Centre
- Goodstart Griffith is 76 place centre catering for children aged six weeks to school age
- Located in a residential area close to schools, shops and local transport routes
- The centre provides all meals during the day including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Part time opportunity working 3 days a week – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Our Centre hours are 7am-6pm
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- This role would be based in the Pre-School room
- Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
- Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
- Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
- Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
- Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Regular non-contact programming time
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist in providing high quality educational programs
- Access to Goodstart’s unique Early Childhood Teacher Program
- Broad range of professional learning opportunities on offer
- Competitive above award wages
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Discounted child care fees
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!