Preschool Early Childhood Teacher
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Kingston ACT!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard.
We believe that children learn through play. No longer are we sitting in large groups discussing colours and letters. We use the interests of the children to extend on their knowledge and help them to learn from there through play, technology, and books to investigate all their questions and aiming to answer every one of them!
Inside, all of the rooms - from Toddlers to Preschool - are all set up in line with an Early Years Learning Framework, with sensory and play based learning opportunities. Colourful, stimulating surrounds ensure the children have the chance to grow and develop through sensory, play-based learning; and we are focused on ensuring the children are ready to take that all important step up to school.
Outside, we have age appropriate play spaces and equipment, all geared to enhance the children’s awareness of their surrounds and the greater environment, as well as their understanding of the importance of sustainability. Our playgrounds have sandpits, vege patches, mud pits, bark pit, worm farm and lots of shade.
We pride ourselves on our high quality programs that are inclusive of all children. In our daily practices we make every effort for children and family voices to be active within our environment.
About our Centre
- Parliamentary triangle and a five minute drive away from the CB
- Our Centre has achieved High Quality Accreditation status
- Strong Family and Community Links
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- Non-Contact Programming – minimum of 2/3 hours per week
- Preschool Room - 29 children
- 38 hours + RDO
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (State applicable)
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment
Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! For further details please call Kerry on 08 9475 4226
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.