Early Childhood Teacher
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Carlton!
Full time, Fixed Term Contract Until October 2020
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Carlton. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS).
Working with the Centre Leadership Team you will lead and support pedagogical practice in your room and engage in centre planning to ensure high quality teaching that will impact upon the outcomes for children, their families and colleague educators.
You will utilise the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) to guide your professional knowledge, practice and engagement, and will engage in inquiry to develop a deeper understanding of the principles of inclusion, contemporary research, curriculum and pedagogy to embed a culture of ongoing reflective practice.
About our Centre
- Committed and skilled educative team
- Strong family and community links
- Centre rated as Exceeding the National Quality Standard
- Recent indoor and outdoor upgrades
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
- Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
- Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
- Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
- Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- 38 hour week with paid break and monthly RDO
- Regular non-contact programming time
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist in providing high quality educational programs
- Access to Goodstart’s unique Early Childhood Teacher Program
- Broad range of professional learning opportunities on offer
- Competitive above award wages
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Discounted child care fees
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment
Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! For further details please call Kerry on 08 9475 4226