Teacher - Secondary Japanese - Ayr State High School
Ayr is one of two towns in the Burdekin district, nestled in the delta of the mighty Burdekin River, only one hour drive south of Townsville. Famous for being the sugar capital of Australia, the Burdekin district produces the biggest sugar cane crops in the country, along with a diverse selection of vegetables and tropical fruits. Along the coast you will find Alva Beach, a popular launching spot for dive boats heading out to explore the S.S. Yongala shipwreck. This shipwreck has been ranked as one of the top 10 wreck dives in the world because of its abundant mega-marine life and corals. The Burdekin region is also a popular spot for fishing, well-known for its barramundi, mudcrabs, other estuary species and off-coast reef fishing.
Ayr State High School is currently welcoming applications for Secondary Language (Japanese) teachers. At Ayr State High School we are immensely proud of our culture of care and high expectations both in and out of the classroom. As a teacher at our school, you will be joining a dedicated and professional teaching team who are fully committed to their students, and who regularly go above and beyond to provide the best possible educational opportunities. This role will suit a highly motivated teacher who is looking for their next (or first!) teaching adventure.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
* Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
* Enter your personal details
* Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
* Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
on an external site.