Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education?
Do you like thinking differently?
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Kelso – Riverway Drive!
Goodstart Early Learning is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Kelso centre, based in Townsville, QLD.
About the Role
Goodstart has a new opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will work closely with your Assistant, ensuring you plan innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Our centre - Goodstart Kelso – Riverway Drive
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Kelso - Riverway Drive is a 75-place long day care centre, located close to local state and private schools. We are also a short drive from the university and hospital. We have three areas all with age appropriate play spaces and equipment, these include sandpits, natural and manmade play surfaces, swings and lots of area for imaginative and fun play. Add to that our welcome mat and play stations, manned by our friendly staff, for those days when leaving Mum or Dad is a teary affair as well as our friendly budgies who provide comfort and a learning platform for care of animals.
- 75 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6.00am – 6.00pm
- Competitive above award salary
- $5,000 annual bonus - for delivering an exciting and innovative Kindergarten program
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees (from commencement)
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
- Full-time, permanent position - 38 hours/week
- Kindergarten room
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Mitasha Murabi, Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]