Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education?
Do you like thinking differently?
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Indooroopilly York Street!
Goodstart Early Learning is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Indooroopilly York Street centre, based in Brisbane, Queensland.
About the Role
Goodstart has a new opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will work closely with your Assistant, ensuring you plan innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Our centre - Goodstart Indooroopilly York Street
Goodstart Indooroopilly York Street is located in a residential area, close to the train station as well as schools, shops and community facilities.
We are a homely and welcoming place for your child to attend with a great multicultural community with more than 32 cultures and languages across 110 families and staff. Our staff are able to share their language skills with the children.
We have a grand playground with natural play spaces and equipment which are geared to enhance the children’s awareness of their surrounds and the greater environment. We are passionate about teaching the children the importance of sustainability. Our gardens are filled with edible plants, fruits and vegetables to enable children to learn about caring for the environment. An extra bonus is that the children love to watch the trains go past every day, which provides lots of spontaneous opportunities for learning.
A major focus for our centre is how working with the broader community can help us enrich the children’s learning experience. Through visits to the centre as well as excursions and participation in community events, we are able to deepen the relationship between the centre and the community, while teaching the children about being a contributing and active member of society.
- 106 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6.00am – 6.00pm
- Competitive above award salary
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees (from commencement)
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
- Full-time, permanent position - 38 hours/week
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Stephanie Hartley, Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]