Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education?
Do you like thinking differently?
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Aitkenvale!
Goodstart Early Learning is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Aitkenvale centre, based in Townsville, Queensland!
About the Role
Goodstart has a new opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will work closely with your Assistant, ensuring you plan innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Our centre - Goodstart Aitkenvale
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Aitkenvale is in a central location, close to residential areas, schools and shops - as well as local transport routes and community facilities.
We pride ourselves on having long standing relationships with our families and our low turnover of staff.
Inside, all of the rooms - from Nursery to Kindergarten - are all set up in line with an Early Years Learning Framework. Colourful, stimulating surrounds ensure the children have the chance to grow and develop through sensory, play-based learning.
Outside, we have three areas all with age appropriate play spaces and equipment. With playgrounds for each of our age groups, we have sandpits, gardens, vege patches, dry creek bed, swings, undercover areas, and a mix of manmade and natural play surfaces.
Community is also important to us and through visits to the centre and participation in events and activities throughout the year we are able to enrich the learning experience. Art and music experiences are provided on a daily basis which allow the children to freely express their creativity.
- 75 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6.00am – 6.00pm
- Competitive above award salary
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees (from commencement)
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
- Full-time - 38 hours/week
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Mitasha Murabi, Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]