Taxation Accountant, Property & Funds
We are a leading Australian integrated real estate group, listed on the ASX with activities across the investment and development spectrum. Our integrated approach provides us a distinct competitive advantage via specialised in-house asset management, leasing & property management, property design, development and construction.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Taxation Accountant - Property & Funds to join the high performing Group Advisory & Solutions function. The Group Advisory & Solutions team forms part of the integrated business model providing integrated, diversified and focused support to each of the four sectors of Office, Industrial, Retail and Residential.
This role provides support to the Finance Manager – Property & Funds for the timely and accurate delivery of the taxation functions of compliance, reporting and forecasting for the Group’s wholly owned entities, joint ventures and other funds/investment vehicles.
This opportunity is based at our head office in Sydney. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager - Property & Funds, this role will also work closely with members of the Group Tax team from time to time.
The technical areas of responsibility include:
- Income Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Taxation of Trusts
- Withholding Tax and the MIT Regime
- Goods and Services Tax
The duties will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of the trust annual distribution review calculations, income tax returns and supporting workpapers for various trusts including wholly owned and joint venture entities;
- Preparation of the semi-annual distribution statements and Fund Payment calculations;
- Preparation of the tax effect accounting calculations and supporting work papers for half year and year end;
- Review, liaise and assist Mirvac Service Centre (offshore) to deliver the tax tasks with appropriate assistance;
- Stakeholder liaison; analyse and respond to queries, issues and other requests from multiple internal and external stakeholders including joint venture partners, the offshore team and other internal stakeholders;
- Monitoring, updating and reconciliation of tax fixed asset registers, including through use of technology solutions;
- Updating and reconciliation of cost base records for trusts and properties including reviewing work performed by offshore;
- Liaise with a diverse range of people including Mirvac Staff (onshore and offshore) and external advisers to ensure information is provided in a timely manner;
- Review of GL / data analysis as required;
- Identification of efficiency opportunities for new policies and procedures and updating of existing policies and procedures;
- Proactive in enhancing the Trust Taxation accounting function ensuring accurate and efficient tax compliance processes are implemented;
- Undertake specific reviews and checks as necessary from time to time, at the direction of and in co-ordination with Group finance and Group Tax to ensure the integrity of the trust finance compliance function and Group Tax and MPT Risk Framework;
- Assist with transactions, wind ups and other projects undertaken by Mirvac Property Trust Group in conjunction with other business units including Group tax;
- Review landlord owned fitout incentive breakdowns provided by business units for Division 6C impact;
- Ad hoc tax matters as and when they arise.
Technical competencies required are:
- Commenced CPA/CA qualification;
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Commerce (or similar);
- At least 2-3 years taxation experience;
- Desire to develop tax skills in respect of trusts and GST as well as other technical areas;
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills;
- A good understanding of accounting and financial reporting requirements;
- An ability to use and understand tax software packages (eg; OneSource, fixed asset packages, Tax Integrator etc);
- Work in a team environment with a broad range of personnel;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Passion, a can-do attitude, and ability to work to deadlines;
- Maintain technical knowledge by undertaking regular training (with Group Tax and externally) and education courses, as well as reading of technical update materials on a regular basis, as appropriate to the changing environment;
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage competing priorities.
If you are interested in being considered for this diverse, rewarding and challenging opportunity at Mirvac please apply with your current resume. For more information on Mirvac please visit our website www.mirvac.com