Genuine career advancement opportunity for ambitious Tax & Business Services Accountant at CPA firm with specialty USA/Australia tax service offering
Our client is a well-established firm of specialist CPAs located on Brisbane’s northside.
They provide professional cross- border tax solutions between the US and Australia for US Expatriates living in Australia, as well as offering the standard range of Australian taxation and accounting services.
They are seeking an Australian Accountant looking to learn US Taxation.
You will be given the opportunity to gain extensive new skills and be provided with in-depth training in US taxation, (resulting in you becoming a fully qualified US Enrolled Agent) whilst utilising your current Australian accounting and taxation skills.
You will be well rewarded for your efforts, while future opportunities for the right person are potentially enormous. Extensive exposure to and training in US-related taxation forms part of the package, while attendance at regular professional development training courses and paid study leave are also available.
The firm has a contemporary approach, with flexible working conditions such as the ability to work remotely.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of individual and corporate income tax returns
- Researching taxation issues relevant to the practice’s client base
- Tax planning and consulting
The successful candidate will have at least two years hands on Australian tax and business services experience, including experience in preparing tax returns and financial statements for Individuals, Companies, SMSFs, and Trusts.
Ideally you will also have completed or commenced your CPA/CA qualifications or be willing to obtain these qualifications in the foreseeable future.
You will need a working knowledge of HandiSoft, BGL, MYOB and Xero systems, or a demonstrated ability to learn new tax software quickly, as well as a good understanding of relevant technology.
Other skills and personal attributes essential for success in the role include:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with an ability for you to manage your own portfolio of clients and communicate directly with them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic, coupled with the ability to develop further within the practice
- The capability of taking jobs from start to finish and meeting deadlines.
- A team player attitude, giving you the ability to function well in a team environment and effectively interact with other team members
An attractive remuneration package is negotiable, based on the skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate. Bonuses are available based on performance.
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria with your resume in your application.
P.S. Initial contact will be via the email address you supplied during your application, be sure to check your inbox and spam periodically.