Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and documenting solution proposals, with reference to a defined system functional baseline, to satisfy customer requirements and project/bid cost targets. The position of Systems Engineer provides technical oversight to other teams within the project/bid, ensuring that the designed solution is implemented as per the design and in accordance to the project/bid schedule and cost constraints.
We are looking for System engineering specialist with strong system algorithms engineering experience within software domains.
- Ensure the integrity of the System functional baseline and architecture.
- Define systems solutions that are the best trade-off between requirements, cost, schedule and risk that meet our customer€™s needs.
- Prepare and conduct specification reviews with our customers and lead technical working groups both internally and externally to define technical solutions.
- Support the Software Development, Integration and Validation teams during implementation phase.
- Support the System Engineering Manager to identify and mitigate functional/architectural risks.
How About You?
- Engineering/computer science degree along with solid experience in development of real time and distributed systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation ideally
- Clear understanding of systems engineering process and functional baseline management from specification writing, requirement analysis and traceability through to system level design/architecture/interface and requirements management.
- Knowledge of requirement management tools such as DOORS
- Model Based System Engineering experience would be favourably looked upon
- Any experience in networking, infrastructure, cyber security or systems of systems will be highly regarded
Good to Know
You€™ll get an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!