Greenlight' team are looking for System Engineer for a long term contract based in Laverton.The client seeking a system engineer preferably with a Mechanical / Aeronautic or Electrical engineering qualification, with significant demonstrated systems engineering experience.This individual will directly contribute to the successful delivery of integrated combat system solutions for Army.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate advice from, and engage and consult with, platform System Program Offices and other stakeholders, ensuring requests for information (RFI) to and from System Program Offices (SPO) are managed and addressed in timeframes.
- Plan, progress and achieve Technical Certification, including development of the Technical Certification documentary pack, of the assigned platform/s to support Test and Evaluation activities, in accordance with the PMICA Technical Certification Plan (TCP) / Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
- Plan, manage and, if required, conduct platform design and prototype activities in accordance with defined requirements for assigned platform variant/s]
- Develop and document the platform integration design description/s, using an agreed template, to record the modifications, risks and opportunities of the complete suite of proposed modifications
- Development of System / Subsystem Specification (SSS) for assigned platform variant/s in consultation with other engineering staff and in compliance with the Configuration and Capability Management Framework (CCMF)
- Plan, schedule and conduct Preliminary and Critical design reviews for the assigned platform/s
- Maintain and update the design register and Safety Case Reports (SCR) for assigned platform/s
- Coordinate, plan, support and, if required, manage necessary Test and Evaluation / Verification and Validation of the designs to demonstrate pecifications.
You will have the following skills for the role:
- The systems engineer will be required to achieve a Technical Authority of at least Level 5 as assessed by a nominated Design Approval Authority Represent (DAAR) IAW the PMICA SEMP.
- The position requires a minimum NV1 clearance. Essential qualification and experience requirement
- Bachelor of Engineering from an Australian institution, or a qualification gained elsewhere, that satisfies the requirements of the Washington Accord for recognition as a Professional Engineer.
- Engineering qualifications in mechanical / aeronautic or electrical engineering is highly desirable
- At least five years (recent) experience in systems engineering, including the application of AS/NZS 15288:2015 to engineering development activities
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant technical field are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in safety engineering, including the application of MIL-STD-882 (or equivalent standard) to engineering programs, is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D design tools such as SolidWorks or AutoCAD is desirable. Preferable defence experience
- At least 4 years experience within a Defence Systems Program Office (SPO) is desirable.