Our client is actively seeking a Surveying or Spatial Science Technician
This role will make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. You will provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth's surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes.
The role forms part of a small, dedicated team, and will call on your ability to manage multiple priorities, at all times demonstrating your Values based approach to achieving results.
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
• Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
• Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
• Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
• Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
• Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
• Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
• Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
• Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
• Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
• Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities, such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products.
• Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
• Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
• Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography, as well as altitudes from which to photograph terrain.
Minimum 5 years experience
• Using GPS, Robotic Total Stations (Theodolites), aerial and terrestrial scanners, and computer software
Due to the large number of applications we can only respond to the candidates fitting this roles criteria and hope to be able to assist you at another time.