Inspire our most passionate supporters. Save the Children impacts the lives of children in Australia, the Pacific, and beyond on a daily basis. It’s through Gifts in Wills that we can ensure that we’re here to help for generations to come and achieve our vision that every child gets a healthy start in life, an education, and the chance at a better future. You will engage with our most committed supporters about how a gift in their Will can achieve this vision and ensure their kindness and generosity can live on in children’s lives.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we’re there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this part-time or full-time position (we’re flexible for the right candidate), based in Melbourne or Sydney, you’ll play a key role in developing and managing relationships with supporters who have expressed interest in leaving a gift in their Will. You’ll be an integral part of our Gifts in Wills team to actively cultivate and strengthen bequest leads as well as provide engaging and personalised stewardship to supporters with a confirmed bequest. You’ll be part of our Supporter Engagement department and report to the Gifts in Wills Manager.
You will make an impact by:
- Managing the ongoing meaningful and personalised stewardship to supporters who have confirmed a bequest to nurture confidence in their decision
- Assessing the level of interest and commitment of existing supporters to include a gift in their will and inspire those with a high interest to do so
- Engaging with supporters through phone calls, written communications, purposeful visits, events, and other engagement activities
- Demonstrating active donor cultivation and measurable moves management of Gifts in Wills prospects through the pledger pipeline
- Accurately maintaining records of insightful donor conversations and communication preferences in database
Does this sound like you?
You’re someone with a genuine passion for people and the causes they care about. You have a friendly and naturally engaging nature with the ability to build trust and confidence in our work that connects with our supporters’ vision for the future. You’re self-motivated, organised, and have an ability for fostering positive relationships with a high level of maturity, resilience, compassion and empathy.
This role requires:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, phone, and in person) with a clear ability to create easy and natural rapport with people across a variety of ages and backgrounds
- Excellent phone technique, displaying a mature, ethical, professional manner that exhibits sensitivity, tact and discretion along with a commitment to a high standard of performance
- Self-motivation with excellent organisational and administration skills, and the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior attention to detail, especially with respect to recording communications and data entry
- Demonstrated experience in building positive relationships with donors, supporters, or customers
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Pet and child friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
For more information regarding our employee benefits, please follow this link.
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the ‘Apply’ section below.
Applications close Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Position Description - Supporter Relationships Manager (Gifts in Wills)
For more information about this position, please contact Martin Williams, Gifts in Wills Manager, on 03 7002 1743 or [email protected]
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work. We encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check (where necessary), and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.