Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
The Supportability Engineer is a member of the Engineering Department outsourced to the project on a permanent basis. The Engineering department provides Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) capability to Bids and Projects, as well as ILS capability to support after-market programs (system enhancements, refreshes, upgrades, and replacements) to existing Thales Australia customers in support of commissioned systems.
- Performing and technically leading assigned ILS activities for the project within the scope of the contract
- Development and assisting with management of warranty support & repair claims up to the end of the project.
- Leading and performing the preparation and maintenance of project ILS plans, technical data/documentation, technical data lists, technical training plans, maintenance / warranty support plans and maintenance procedures.
- Leading and performing Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and calculations for project sub-systems and systems as required.
- Performing Life Cycle Cost (LCC) analysis and modelling.
- Leading, conducting and optimising spares modelling
- Provide support in with ILS and Support contract cost updates, quantitative risk assessment, trade-off strategy development
- Support negotiations with Customer and sub-contractors for all ILS and Support Contract matters (technical and commercial)
How About You?
- Degree or Diploma in engineering, or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate
- Experience working in an ILS engineering role in a sizeable and complex IT related project a must (IT Communication systems, networks or network design)
- ITIL qualified or experienced
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams of staff
- Exposure to working within projects with aggressive milestones.
- Defence / Aerospace experience and ASDEFCON Experience good to have not must
- Knowledge and experience working with related ILS Standards
- Skills in various software tools used to perform ILS and Support tasks
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit €“ http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Base line NV1 clearance a must have
You€™ll get an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!