Support Worker- Toowoomba
- Exciting opportunity with ongoing support and development
- SCHADS Award + penalty rates + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, flexibility and control. This includes supports delivered through the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The NDIS provides support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities, as well as their families and carers.
About the role
Due to organisation growth, Wellways is seeking Support Workers to join our growing team. To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants. If you share our passion of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application! You will help participants flourish according to their own interests and goals to enable them to participate in a positive and confident manner within their community.
Key responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and Daily Living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living, community participation and social inclusion
- Availability to cover a range of shifts including sleepovers, weekends and more than 1 shift per day is highly desirable
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Qualification or evidence of enrolment in Certificate 3 or 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Experience with higher needs participants such as, however not limited to: PEG feeding, hoisting, seizures, epilepsy and challenging behaviours.
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and a reliable, registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways