- Casual employment opportunities
- $34.50 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Assist participants to live active and fulfilling lives in their community
Wellways are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
Wellways' Goulburn Valley region is experiencing exciting and significant growth. We are recruiting people whose values align with ours, who are motivated, enthusiastic, genuinely caring, committed and invested in the role of a Support Worker.
Each of our participants have a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan, the plan is developed to establish their goals. With your creativity, your role is to motivate and assist our participants to reach their goals and be actively engaged in their own community. The role has scope for full time hours, due to the high demand of services. You will be closely supported, thoroughly inducted and orientated to ensure you are comfortable in all aspects of the role.
Skills & experience
- Relevant experience to the role, or as a carer, or a Certificate III or IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Current valid Driver's Licence and Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course prior to commencement are mandatory
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Penalty rates
- Opportunity for part time or full time conversion after 12 months
- Career development opportunities within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways