- Casual employment opportunities
- $33 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Located in Maryborough
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
Love to help others and provide your support where it really counts? This is a perfect opportunity to make a positive impact and be rewarded and valued for your hard work. We are recruiting dedicated, caring individuals to support our participants to live an active and fulfilling life in their community.
Building trusting, positive relationships and receiving a sense of fulfillment through the invaluable impact you have on the lives of others are just some of the personal advantages of the Support Worker role. You will receive a thorough induction and orientation program to ensure you are confident in all aspects of the role, and will receive ongoing support and supervision from your Team Coordinator.
Skills & experience
- Relevant experience to the role or as a carer or a Certificate III or IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Current valid Driver's Licence and Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Check prior to commencement are mandatory
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Opportunity for conversion to part time or full time after 12 months
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways